Electric Daisy Carnival 2011



Q: Will I be able to enter the festival at anytime?
A: As long as you have a ticket in hand you will be able to enter the event from the moment it opens until the time the event ends.

Q: What time does EDC start & end?
A: 4:00pm - 2:00am

Q: Will you be posting set times in advance?
A: Yes. Set times will be posted on this web site, on Insomniac social media sites and in the EDC mobile app on the days leading up to the festival. Set times will also be on the festival guide that is passed out upon entrance. We will send an email to everyone who signed up for Insomniac email updates once the schedule is posted, so be sure to sign up. (LINE UP SUBJECT TO CHANGE).

Q: Where can I find the set times?
A: Set times can be found on the festival home page about 1 week prior to the event.

Q: Will there be a festival map available ahead of time so I can see stage locations, food courts, bathroom areas etc?
A: Yes. An online version as well as a printable version will be released on this site before the festival. The EDC mobile app will include an interactive map. The festival guide that will be passed out upon entrance will also contain the map.

Q: Where is the closest airport?
A: Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)

Q: Can I enter, leave and re-enter EDC?
A: Once you leave the site, there is no re-entry.

Q: I'm a photographer. Who do I arrange a photo pass through?
A: Please use the press email address on the Contact Info page for inquiries.

Q: Are you hiring people to work or volunteer at the event?
A: Volunteer spots are very limited but you can inquire through the email address on the Contact Info page.

Q: Can I pass out flyers at the festival?
A: Only at the close of the show each night outside the gates.

Q: Will there be ATM machines?
A: Yes, there will be ATMs inside venue grounds. ATM locations will be clearly marked on the festival guide and the map found on the EDC mobile app.

Q: Will there be parking?
A: There will be plenty of parking on the festival grounds. You car cannot be left in the parking lots during non festival hours.

Q: Can I sleep in my car in the parking lot?
A: Sorry, sleeping in cars in parking lots is not permitted for anyone.


Q: Can I bring water bottles into the event?
A: You may bring Insomniac water bottles (empty upon entry) into the venue. Inside the venue there will be water available for purchase. There will also be free water refill stations available to you. Insomniac water bottles can be purchased at inside the show or online here: Insomniac Water Bottles

Q: I love taking pictures, can I bring my camera?
A: You may bring your small non-professional still camera. (no removable lenses)


Q: My ticket was purchased by someone else who will not be attending the event. How can I get my ticket from will call?
A: To pick up your ticket from will call please bring the receipt, a photo copy of the front of the credit card used to purchase the ticket and a photo copy of the ID that belongs to the credit card holder. You may black out the first 8 digits on the credit card if you would like.

Q: I lost the credit card I purchased my ticket(s) with, how can I pick them up at will call?
A: Please bring the receipt, a photo ID and your bank statement with the ticket purchase on it or the last 4 digits of the card you used.

Q: Will tickets sell out?
A: There is always a chance that the event will sell out in which case no more tickets will be sold. We recommend purchasing early so that you can rest assured you will be able to attend.

Q: Will tickets be sold at the event?
A: If the festival does not sell out in advance, tickets will be available at the box office at a higher price on show dates. We encourage everyone to purchase tickets in advance so that you don't risk missing out on the fun. Do not buy tickets from scalpers. Beware of frauds.

Q: I bought my ticket online and am concerned about waiting in line for Will Call. Is it going to be a long wait?
A: The Will Call process is very efficient, so you should have no problem picking up your tickets in a timely fashion.

Q: Are ticket prices going to increase from where they are now?
A: Yes, they will go up in price level as allotted ticket amounts are sold.

Q: If I buy from an authorized retail location, will I get a physical ticket that will gain me admittance?
A: Yes. Retail locations sell hard tickets.

Q: What if I accidentally bought VIP tickets and I'm not 21 or older?
A: The VIP ticket is still valid, but if you are not 21 years old security will not allow you to enter through the VIP entrance, so you will need to go through the GA entrance.

Q: I ordered my tickets and selected Standard Mail Shipping. When should I receive my tickets?
A: You should receive your tickets within 10 Business Days of your purchase date. Please contact help@groovetickets.comif you have not received your tickets after 10 Business Days (there is a Help Center link at the bottom of the website)

Q: I ordered my tickets to be shipped to me and it's the week of the event! Where are they?!
A: If you have not received your tickets by Monday June 13, 2011 please contact Groovetickets by clicking the Help Center link at www.groovetickets.com

Q: Why can't I have tickets shipped to an address other than my billing address?
A: To help prevent fraud, tickets are only shipped to the billing address.


Q: What kind of ID do I need to enter the festival?
A: Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- Any U.S. government issued driver’s license or identification card provided that it contains a photograph and date of birth.
- A U.S. or foreign government issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth.
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- School identification.
- Consular identification.
- Licenses issued in countries other than the U.S.
- Expired identification of any kind.

Q: Can I attend the event if I am under the age 18 and I come with a legal guardian?
A: This event is strictly 18 and older. Security will not allow anyone under the age of 18 into the venue.

Q: My ID was lost/stolen. What can I use to prove that I am at least 18 years old?
A: If you have a passport, security will accept all government issued passports. Expired government issued identification will only be accepted WITH temporary DMV documentation that is valid and proves you are going to receive a new valid ID.

Q: What do I do if my ID expired and I do not think I will receive a new one in time?
A: Please bring your expired ID AND your temporary DMV documentation that proves your ID is being renewed.

Q: Can I use a consular ID or foreign government issued drivers license?
A: Security will not accept consular identification or a foreign government issued drivers license. They will accept any foreign government issued passport provided it has a photo, name and date of birth on it. A passport can be acquired by scheduling an appointment with your local consulate office.

Q: What are acceptable forms of ID to purchase alcohol?
A: Any U.S. government issued driver’s license or identification card provided that it contains a photograph and date of birth. Also, a U.S. or foreign government issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth.

Home | News | Gallery | General Info | Location | Travel | Experience | Contact | Insomniac Home